The Melcom Green Advantage
The world is changing rapidly. It is up to us – both us builders and as homeowners – to find a way to reduce our impact on nature while also helping us manage our budgets.
This is why green homes are the right choice for so many home buyers. Researchers have developed more and more eco-friendly products, such as energy-efficient windows and solar panels, and scientists have discovered new and exciting ways to decrease energy use throughout the home.
Melcom Homes creates beautiful custom housing, both luxury houses and economical housing, all with our quality guarantee. But we’re also committed to energy efficiency, focusi
ng our efforts on building custom green homes that emit minimal greenhouse gases, cut down on waste, and reduce energy use for the homeowner.
We use a variety of different approaches to making sure your home is energy efficient and eco-friendly. Although our specific build style may change depending on the type of home, most use some or all of the following:
- Environmentally friendly or recycled building materials.
- Sustainable energy sources (often solar panels and related systems).
- Water flow reduction through energy-efficient faucets.
- Car charging ports for electric vehicles.
- Sunlight and tree cover to reduce heat/cool transfer.
- Energy-efficient windows, including triple pane skylights.
These are only some of the ways we reduce our impact on the planet and use sustainable materials to avoid causing further harm.
We all want to do our part for nature. But we also need a home. Many buyers wonder if there is a benefit for them – not just for the planet – that makes it worth their investment?
We do want to reassure you that our eco-friendly homes are also affordable, as we provide some of the most competitive quotes on the market. You won’t find yourself paying more to get the benefits of a green home. Indeed, you may find that in some ways you’re paying less.
That’s because green homes have many benefits for you to enjoy, including:
- Smaller (or No) Energy Bills – The more energy-efficient the home is, the smaller the energy bill. Energy bills can eat up a substantial amount of your budget. Smaller bills save money. And, if you elect to have solar on your home, you may have no energy bill at all.
- More Comfortable Home – Energy efficient homes are able to retain their temperature more effectively and for longer. That means on hot and cold days, you’ll find yourself feeling completely comfortable with fewer temperature fluctuations.
- Better Resale Value – Green homes are more popular on the market and will continue to grow in popularity as energy costs rise and the need for eco-friendly homes becomes more critical. Purchasing a green home is frequently a better investment, and may become even more popular in the future.
These are all in addition to knowing that you are doing your part to combat global pollution and climate issues. We custom home builders, we believe in building a sustainable world, and our clients find that that commitment pays off in more ways than one.